Hello PluginLibrary!

This is a sample PluginLibrary Plugin (which can be disabled!) that displays this message on all pages.

...and this is the hellopl_example template.

Loot Whore Assisted Prevention System
A loot whore (informal) is defined in the dictionary of FWKZT as:
1. An individual who will put themselves in immediate danger to collect loot.
2. An individual who will allow other individuals to die a fully preventable death to collect their loot.

Players have had problems with other's letting them die or getting themselves killed just to collect a bit of loot, so I went about thinking of ways collecting loot could be made into a risk/reward system, and I think I've come up with the perfect system to assist in the prevention of loot whores.

LWAPS. Loot Whore Assisted Prevention System; inspired by inventory systems employed by Battle Royal games (Takes time to transfer items), LWAPS will simply adds a timer to collect the backpack equal to the total time assigned to each item within the backpack.

For example:
A backpack contains a tier 1 weapon, 149 ammunition, 1 grenade, and 1 arsenal crate.
A tier 1 weapon takes 1 second to loot;
Ammunition takes 0.5 seconds per 50 to loot (149 will take 1.5 second | 150 will take 2 seconds);
1 grenade takes 1.5 seconds to loot;
And 1 arsenal crate takes 3 seconds to loot;

This whole backpack would take 7 seconds to loot.
To clarify, you don't get each item piece by piece, you will have to wait the total time to get everything, or press shift to cancel and get nothing.

This will force loot whores and non-degenerate players alike to decide whether the time it will take to collect the loot will give them enough time to get to safety, if they are not in safety already.
Within a cade that is not already crumbling to the touch, collecting loot won't put the player at risk at all, for all intents and purposes, it would be like nothing has changed; but if you and a "friend" are running from a butcher and you trip your friend, you're not just gonna be able to cycle around and collect their loot without putting yourself at risk.

When collecting loot, you will still be able to look around but you will not be able to move or shoot, you're busy... looting.
To stop looting so you can move and shoot again, just simply press shift; though this will cancel to process and you will get nothing from it, meaning if you begin to loot the same backpack again, you will have to start from the beginning.

Likewise if someone is already looting a backpack, you won't even be able to begin looting, this is done to prevent the disappointment of the backpack disappearing just before you've finished looting it as someone else started before you.

And finally, if there is something in the backpack that you cannot loot as you already have it, the time that item adds won't be included for you, you only have to wait for what you can loot.

Suggested Times to Loot Items:
Tier 1 weapons - 1 second
Tier 2 weapons - 2 seconds
Tier 3 weapons - 3 seconds
Tier 4 weapons - 4 seconds
Tier 5 weapons - 5 seconds
Tier 6 weapons - 6 seconds

Ammunition (per 50) - 0.5 seconds
(1-49, 50-99, 100-149, etc...)

Grenade | Flash bang | Molotov | Proxy - 1.5 seconds
Med bomb | Strength bomb - 2.5 seconds
Force field emitter | Repair field emitter | Zapper | Turrets - 2 seconds
Aegis Barricade kit - 3 seconds
Drones - 2 seconds

Medical kit - 1 second
Med gun - 0.5 seconds
Med rifle - 1 second
Rejuvinator - 2 seconds

Trinkets - 0.1 second

Hammer - 1 second
Electrohammer - 2 seconds
Junk pack - 1 second

Thoughts? Suggestions? Edits?
Help me finish this if you like, the times aren't set in stone and changes can be made.
~Swiss
Website Find
Wow, I really love the thought put into this Swiss! I think this will be a great addition to the server as I myself has been a victim of Loot Whores ;-;. My only suggestion would be that drones take 1 second instead of 2. Drones are kind of useless in my opinion and I don't think I would appreciate having an extra 2 seconds added on just for a drone that I won't use. Also, would this apply to arena maps such as Finger Defeater? I know a lot of people rely on people dying to get a boomstick and waiting 5 seconds to pick one up doesn't seem very fair. Doomcrabs could also camp the loot knowing how long it takes to pick them up, and in a desperate attempt to get loot, more people would end up dying in the process. Maybe for arena maps have the time cut by 50 - 75%?
Mango~
Website Find
(06-10-2019, 11:11 AM)Mango Smoothie Wrote: Wow, I really love the thought put into this Swiss! I think this will be a great addition to the server as I myself has been a victim of Loot Whores ;-;. My only suggestion would be that drones take 1 second instead of 2. Drones are kind of useless in my opinion and I don't think I would appreciate having an extra 2 seconds added on just for a drone that I won't use. Also, would this apply to arena maps such as Finger Defeater? I know a lot of people rely on people dying to get a boomstick and waiting 5 seconds to pick one up doesn't seem very fair. Doomcrabs could also camp the loot knowing how long it takes to pick them up, and in a desperate attempt to get loot, more people would end up dying in the process. Maybe for arena maps have the time cut by 50 - 75%?

Honestly for arena maps the system can just be disabled, I was only thinking of regular ZS, not obj or arena; most arena maps favour loot whoring to survive, so it can be seen as a necessity.
~Swiss
Website Find
Alright, sounds good!
Mango~
Website Find
The more I watch loot mongolers die like kleiners thinking it’s safe outside, the more this seems like an actual god tier idea and should be implemented into zs!
Website Find

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Gun Idea (also pls make haulers carry loot backpacks) The Caped Coconut 0 79 04-15-2019, 03:51 AM
Last Post: The Caped Coconut
  Loot System Vindicare 0 124 03-15-2019, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Vindicare
  Add a system that counters rich people Shazam 1 144 03-02-2019, 03:18 AM
Last Post: jaek
  Add in a votekick/ban system Shazam 0 103 02-20-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: shazam
  Jail Break: Crafting System SpookyBoi 0 137 01-26-2019, 10:16 PM
Last Post: SpookyBoi
  Auto Bot System (of sorts) snake eyes 1 189 01-23-2019, 08:56 PM
Last Post: The Moisturizer